Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Make your own peasant top






Bodice front and back

A-B= ½ shoulder+¼”
A-P =length of the top +1½’
A-O = 1/12th chest
A-H =1½”
A-L =1/12th chest+1½”
A-C =¼chest-1”
Draw perpendiculars from C and P
C-E= ¼ chest +1”+½”
C-D =A-B
Join B-D
Mark F on the line B-D such that D-F =1”
Join O-H and O-L back and front neck shapes as shown in the figure. Mark G such that O-G = 1”
Join G-F and produce. From the point E draw a perpendicular E-N to the line G-F produced.
Produce E-N to M such that N-M =E-N
Shape E -F-G as shown in the figure LIPK is extra material 2” wide for gathers in front. And HIPK is extra material 2” wide for gather at the back. Width can be increased or decreased according to taste.

sleeve

A-B= ½ shoulder+¼”
A-O = 1/12th chest or to taste
A-H =1½”
A-L =1/12th chest+1½”or to taste
A-C =¼chest-1”
Draw perpendiculars from C
C-E= ¼ chest +1”+½”
C-D =A-B
Join B-D
Mark F on the line B-D such that D-F =1”
Join O-H and O-L back and front neck shapes as shown in the figure. Mark G such that O-G = 1”
Join G-F and produce. From the point E draw a perpendicular E-N to the line G-F produced.
Produce E-N to M such that N-M =E-N
B-R = sleeve length +2"
R-Q = sleeve width+1/2"
Join M-Q.
Shape M-F-G as shown in the figure
SRTO is extra fabric ,O-T =S-R= 2" wide for gathers. It can be varied according to taste.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anne said...

Wonderful! I have been wanting to create my own pattern for a peasant shirt.

I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-draft-and-sew-a-peasant-blouse/2009/12/08/

--Anne

GV said...

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial. I am finding it very helpful. Could you suggest me how to modify it for toddlers? I would like to make a few for my 2yr old daughter. Can it be used without any modifications. I tried once, but something seemed off. I will try again, but just want to know if this will work for kids as well. Thanks again.

Delightful said...

Thank YOU so much - this is fun an the results are excellent!!! I am sorry for your heat breaking due to another person's misuse of information you provide from a place of kindness and goodwill.

Unknown said...

Madam Vani,
How r u? i love ur blogs thru ur online teaching im improving my self lot please come up with new idea where we can larn lot
Once again thanks

Rosie said...

Thank you for your tutorial. I have been wanting to draft a simple pattern for myself. Your article will help me to become confident at drafting patterns again after along break.

Cheers

Rosie